Sunday, February 1, 2009

How can I help?

Pick my name from the dropdown list if you'd like to support my efforts this summer.
Proceeds go to affordable housing organizations and communities around the country, yay!

Not sure how much to contribute? Sponsor a day of my trip for a dollar a mile! We average at about 65 miles daily, and it ranges from as little as 36 miles to as much as 110 miles in a single day. However, any amount is greatly appreciated!

Fun fact:
Not one to talk the talk without walking the walk, the highest contribution so far is from Nina Chen with a donation of $200. (Yep, that's me!)
I wonder if anyone will challenge my position as top contributor . . .

(6/3/09) Holy cow, thanks to Y. Ma and S. Cheng for matching my $200 donation! And thank you to all of you for supporting Bike and Build! $4770! Better than I could have imagined! :)



Still looking for more ways to help? Volunteer with your local affordable housing group! Habitat for Humanity and Rebuilding Together are some awesome non-profits driven by volunteers and supported by Bike and Build.

Alternatively, if you are between the ages of 18 and 25, you could always try inspiring people by doing something wild and adventurous, like biking across the country for charity, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment